You can configure SQRL app to notify you on your mobile when you’re away using the app. However, there may be cases where the Android mobile app is not showing the push notification when the app is closed. To ensure you keep receiving push notifications, you’ll need to set your device.
The exact steps for this process will vary depending on your device model. We recommend using the information here as a starting point. Should you need the precise model details, we recommend searching the internet to find the instructions specific to your device or contact your device manufacturer for additional assistance.
Device Model : Samsung
- Switch off battery optimization for SQRL:
- Settings > Apps > Click the three dots on the upper right corner > Special Access > Optimize battery usage > Tap on the dropdown menu that says ‘Apps not optimized’, then switch it to all apps > Scroll to bottom to find SQRL > Turn OFF battery optimization for the SQRL App.
- Notifications: Settings > Notifications > Select the SQRL -> make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal.
- Disable Restrict background data setting.
Device Model : General, most devices
- Android typically stops showing notifications for apps after accumulating a sizeable number of notifications. At that point, you will not see new notifications, but existing notifications will continue to show in notification tray and SQRL icon on top left corner. In order to resume new notifications, just clear notifications in the tray and open SQRL app.
- Check Notifications are turned on: Different ways
- Settings > Notifications > Notification Types > Make sure the Notifications are set to Normal.
- Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications > Select the SQRL, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal.
- Settings > Apps & Notifications > SQRL App > Notifications.
- Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
- Notifications may stop during “Sleeping” schedule and resume after the cycle ends. This is normal and intended behavior, but if you prefer to be notified during ‘Sleeping’ schedule, turn OFF Sleeping. Settings > Apps & Notifications > SQRL App > Notifications > Do not Disturb
- Clear Cache
- Settings > Apps > All apps (App manager or Manage apps).
- > Select SQRL from the app list > Open Storage >
- > Clear cache
- Reset App PreferenceSettings > Apps & Notifications > Select ‘App info’ or ‘Manage apps’ to show all installed applications. > Click the 3-dot menu at the top-right corner, then select Reset app preferences. Confirm to reset app preferences. This will re-enable your notifications and reset all apps to default settings, but you’ll not lose any data.
- Check if another app is obscuring your notifications.Settings > Apps & notifications > ‘Special app Access’ > Tap ‘Notification Access’ from the list It will show a list of apps that have access to your notification. Review them and consider uninstall that app